Monday, January 19, 2015

Umrah (Part 1)

Well, this is my third entry.
This time is about my trip to perform Umrah with my parents last year after SPM examination.
It was December (8/12-19/12)
To be exact, this is my second time going to perform Umrah.
The first time I went was 2012 which before the PMR examination.
Cut the stories,
So my parents and I arrived at the airport around 2 because the flight was supposed to be at 6.
So we went early to meet the rest of the group (it's a umrah travel)
We waited and waited.
A lot of people were at the airport especially families because their member of family were going as well.
I saw tears, happiness and there was film shooting and I guess it was Hindi movie or drama.
It was actually funny (from my point of view lol)
It was almost 5 and everyone (heading to Jeddah) still had not checked in.
I was wondering and my father went to find out why.
He came back and told me that there was a problem with everyone's visa.
It was a mess and disorganised.
We finally on the plane near 9 o'clock (at night)
Waiting for everyone's visa and one by one managed to get on board.
We took off about 10 o'clock.
Can you imagine getting late? it was like 5 or 6 hours of delay.
What did I do on the plane? Guess.
Eat. Sleep. Pray (ceh)
So we arrived Jeddah at dawn at it was Subh prayer.
So we need to go to the immigration office and we needed to line up again.
(what another delay because we had to wait for our luggages)
While waiting for our bus, we managed to perform Subh prayer.
It actually took about 5-6 hours from Jeddah to Madinah.
I didn't know why I felt tired because I slept the whole journey.
We finally arrived at Madinah and the first thing we did was recite the du'a for entering the holy land of Madinah (to respect our Prophet s.a.w)
I still remember what our mutawif said
"Kalau kita nak masuk rumah org, mestilah ketuk pintu dulu. Samalah mcm masuk ke masuk ke Madinah, mestilah bagi salam dulu"
New information for me.
So, we arrived at our hotel around 10 o'clock in the morning.
After check in, we put our luggages in our room. The journey has started ( I said to myself)
Honestly, Madinah was cold at that time (not cold as snow but the wind was chilly)
The temperature almost the same with Kundasang (that's why I can adapt to this temperature aha)
So I found this cute random girl and took her picture (in front of the bus actually)
Hahaha omg I can't stop laughing :'D
So I went to Nabawi Mosque for Zuhr prayer with my dad .
Basically, I was alone (my mom has woman issues if u know what I mean)
I thought that would be my first challenge,
Going inside the mosque alone. (My father went to the men's section)
I was pretty nervous actually.
Okay so the first thing I saw in the Nabawi Mosque was tongs of Zam Zam water
(there were so many I lost count)
I drank a little bit (the best way is drinking it while you're standing up)
I went to the section where kids are not allowed
(nak khusyuk la katakan but manatau nanti dtg lagi with my future kids ha ha ha ha)
Angan angan tak salah kan? InsyaAllah haha
After Zuhr prayer, (I really miss the voice of the Imam) I went out of the door and looked for my dad
(I asked him to wait for me)
Again, I was feeling butterflies in my stomach (or the whole zoo inside it hahaha)
So my parents and I had lunch at this local Indonesian restaurant upstairs building.
(hard to notice but there was a man waved at us to go upstairs which makes us easier)
Madinah people are way better and more friendly (the presence of Rasulullah in Madinah I guess)
MasyaAllah :')
There is a lot more stories going on in Madinah but I guess I'll continue in my next entry.
InsyaAllah
This are the view of Nabawi Mosque ( I took it when it was almost Maghrib)
The umbrella thingy were closed and were opened during the day.
What a magnificent view and the skies were actually beautiful during the night and Subuh (sunrise)
I'll continue more after this about my journey ;)



1 comment:

  1. There was a film shooting tu tak boleh bla hahaha Hindi

    ReplyDelete